1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Despite his apparent sniffles throughout the night, Trump said he did not have a cold or allergies. He blamed the noises on his microphone, which he said could not be heard well in the room."

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

When he started hinting at things he was holding back on, I kinda wish Hillary would have come back with a "Come on, Donald. You're not gonna tell me anything I don't know."

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The decisive bloc of voters in this election is the people who dislike both candidates. At a minimum, Clinton did nothing to make them dislike her more. She never went into one of her lawyerly translated from the Martian defenses on Republican attack points because Trump never brought them up. Trump reinforced his negative image.
    Clinton is never going to have the appeal that a Reagan or Obama did to their supporters. She's not that kind of person. As I've said, the best she can get is "this person knows what's she's doing." She got that.

4. Neutral Corner

He said this morning that he didn't bring up Bill's affairs because Chelsea was in the audience.

5. Neutral Corner

I've lost the source so I can't quote it, but Trump claimed gains in an overnight CBS poll. CBS reporter tweeted that they had not done an overnight poll.

6. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Here you go:

HanSenSE and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

This is something I don't understand very well. How does it help him (an unabashed adulterer) to bring up the dalliances of his opponent's husband?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

She has not shown for 30 years of public life she know's what she's doing. What makes you think she
    will if elected President?

SpeedTchr likes this.
  9. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

At least now I know the source of that poop smell. Thought it was George Brett the whole time.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Then vote for Trump!

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Get a grip. Supporting policies you dislike and serving for an administration you dislike is not incompetence. It's politics. I opposed Romney's political views. But he was a competent administrator of Massachusetts before he lost interest in the job. I admit that freely.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Voters Nationally Say Clinton Won Debate 51/40

PPP's post debate survey, sponsored by VoteVets Action Fund, finds that voters nationally think Hillary Clinton defeated Donald Trump in the debate, 51/40.

Young people

Perhaps most important for Clinton is that among young voters, who she has under performed with, 63% think she won the debate to only 24% for Trump. 47% of voters in that age group said the debate tonight made them more likely to vote for her, to only 10% who say it made them less likely to vote for her. For Trump with that group on the other hand, only 23% said the debate made them more likely to vote for him to 39% who said it made them less likely to.

Temperament

Clinton emerges from the debate with clear advantages over Trump on temperament, preparedness to be President, and whether she can be trusted with nuclear weapons:

-By a 17 point margin, 55/38, voters say Clinton has the temperament to be President. On the other hand, by an 11 point margin, 42/53, voters say Trump does not have the temperament to be President. Among independents the gap is even wider- by a 56/36 spread they say Clinton has the temperament for the job, while by a 41/54 spread they say Trump does not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.