1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Shit, my toddler has a better temperament than Trump to be president. And she throws a fit if she can't sleep with Elmo.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm sure Der Donald would, too ... I have it on good authority that he and Elmo were quite the pair before Elmo went straight and got the gig at Sesame Street.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump on Fox & Friends this morning was very reminiscent of those coaches TV shows the week after State has lost its conference opener 42-3.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Chelsea: "Go ahead, pig: I double dog dare you."

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Uncle Starman's home from the state pen!

Vombatus, Donny in his element and HC like this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Three weeks to the day!

poindexter likes this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Former communication director - National Republican Senatorial Committee

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I wonder how many people watched the first 45 minutes and turned it off. America has a short attention span. Anyone who watched just the first half of that debate will think he won, and rather decisively.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It helps if he brings up how Hillary was the chairperson of the "destroy the women accusing Bill" team.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Just a (sort of) non-political aside re: the not-paying bit ... You can maybe pull that shit once or twice and actually come out ahead. There's no way in hell you can continue to pull that without incurring an even bigger cost. Back in my business days we had a customer who routinely played games with invoices ... taking the early-pay discount by writing the check in time, then holding the check for months on end. That play didn't last long. We soon upped our quotes for them by 30% to 50%, and seeing as how we were one of the few shops that'd do any business with them, they were stuck. We'd only do business with them if we were slow, and they'd only come to us if they were desperate. Not to sound like Der Donald, but believe me, we got ours, oh boy did we get ours.

If Der Donald's made it a habit of stiffing his contractors, he's not getting anything done for him unless he's paying a helluva premium.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

:)

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Seems to me that Donald Trump does not set up businesses that plan to run long-term. Most seem to start with a flash, crescendo, then either fail or are sold off. Folks who buy a former Trump holding are the ones who have to deal with the repercussions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.