1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Right. It's odd for Trump and his people to get incensed about him being asked about birtherism. He spent years and years raising the issue. Why is everyone supposed to just assume he's embarrassed by it now and lay off?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

To me, the oddest thing of all was that in 90 minutes immigration wasn't mentioned at all. It's Trump's signature issue and he didn't go to it. Did he forget?

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He talked about immigrants murdering people, didn't he? During the inner-cities-are-a-dystopian-hellscape segment of his presentation?

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

If Trump had engaged in the whole debate the way he did in the first 20-25 minutes, he truly could have turned this election in his favor. I wonder if he realizes that -- that he could have really turned a corner.

And I'll admit that I actually was kind of disappointed that that did not happen.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

According to you. I keep hearing the term "fair," but what does "fair" mean? I'm guessing there are about 326 million definitions in this country, alone.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He just needed a "bathroom break" to stay focussed.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This idea that Trump won the first half hour is pure folly among people searching desperately for some piece of floating debris on which to cling. He had one good moment. He unraveled quickly. He got his ass kicked.

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

That's the fewest Murders in Chicago under any president since at least Johnson.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

His businesses are contributing plenty to the tax base. Every person he employs pays taxes. Everything that's bought and sold contributes sales taxes. If you're so burned that he legally uses deductions, make sure not to take any deductions on your taxes next year.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't think he had any good moments. What look like good moments are just discussions of areas in which she is so weak (trade, the Iran deal, the emptiness behind her resume), all he has to do is point it out. Talk about the soft bigotry of low expectations.

11. old_tony

It's Trump's strongest issue. I'm absolutely stunned Lester forgot to bring it up.

12. old_tony

It's not a club he "built," it's a club that already existed and had deeply exclusionary policies. When he got there, he convinced them to bring an end to those policies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.