1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He didn't build the building, but he turned it into a club.

Other clubs in the area did not admit African-Americans or Jewish people. His doing so was controversial among the blue bloods.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Holt didn't ask. Trump brought it up. Holt was hectoring him about releasing his tax returns and Trump said he'd release them when Hillary releases the 33,000 emails. Holt's "followup" was to ask Hillary if she'd like to respond to Trump's comments.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"I don't pay taxes, but the little people who work for me pay taxes. That is, if they did a good enough job to earn their paycheck, that is."

Winning argument.

I'm also a little surprised that his "that's good business," remark to Hillary's criticism of him profiting off the Great Recession hasn't gotten more traction. An awful lot of people suffered from that.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. old_tony

There are still two more debates to come. If I'm a Hillary supporter, here's what I'm worried about: If we were to describe last night's debate as a football game, which side "left more points out on the field?" It most definitely wasn't Hillary. Trump missed numerous chances. He did the equivalent of getting into the red zone about six times and either turning the ball over or settling for a field goal. Hillary scored touchdowns on her two trips into the red zone and kicked a couple of 45-yard field goals to eke out the 20-16 victory.

But Trump outgained her, 403-211, and these same two teams have two more games on the schedule.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Have to admire how you fall silent when somebody blasts your thought out of the water, then come back two pages later as cocky as ever.

6. jr/shotglass

You are scrambling harder than The Donald himself.

TigerVols likes this.
  7. old_tony

If you want to argue Hillary left more points on the field last night, have at it.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What makes you think Trump outgained her?

Also, too, as a Trump fan you've got to be scared to death that Hillary has a few more zingers that will get under his skin. Or that he'll see the reaction to the debate and ramp up the crazy.

9. jr/shotglass

I believe you should punt when it's fourth down. And I'm rubbing my hands awaiting his first mention of someone else's infidelity.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

But did Hillary's album outsell Donald's? Did her movie have a bigger opening weekend? Did her dish impress the judges?

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That answer was cocky? How so?

And blasted my thoughts out of the water?

12. old_tony

Trump will do much better in the next two debates with regards to letting Hillary get under his skin. She'll try the same strategy because she's surrounded by people who do nothing but tell her how great she did. Trump's new team will fix what went wrong last night. Hillary's team will bring more of the same. And then be shocked when it doesn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.