1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump is doing to his civic responsibilities exactly what he's bitching about our NATO partners doing - letting someone else pay for the services he receives. It's a poor deal for our country, someone needs to fix that.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump could also have brought up any of the other subjects that you are accusing Holt of bias about. He could have brought up dirty laundry about Hillary, or he could have talked about the wall. He chose not to.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If you're bitching about Trump taking those tax deductions to which he's legally entitled ... you're doing it wrong.

JC likes this.
  4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

OK, so Holt asked about it, no? We're splitting hairs here.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

On a related note, I don't understand his plan to cut taxes on businesses from 35 percent to 15 percent when we hear all the time that businesses like Apple pay virtually nothing in taxes.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

As a general rule, an easy way to tell who has done the most poorly in a competition is to listen for who complains the loudest about the referee or the field of play.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

So, how many folks around here were undecided, watched last night's show and now have a clearer idea of what they should do in November?

9. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Does that change the fact that he feels he deserves congrats for "not being racist"? Hey, ot, I have not called anyone the N word today. Do I deserve congratulations?

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm sure he doesn't either ...

Inky_Wretch and Ace like this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

She tried too hard to sound just right and her zingers fell flat.

To her credit she kept her composure when he interrupted 57 times because his No. 1 tactic was to get her to lose her shit like she did "behind the blue screen" -- which was a telling line.

She didn't get all EMOTIONAL or lose her shit. But she fell flat otherwise. Sounded like a drone spouting off gobblety-gook.

Earthman likes this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Given how you two have similar views on women, I'm sure you were.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.