1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

So you give him props for not trying to sound prepared? For looking like he was winging it? And for losing his composure? He didn't have a single good line all night except "she has experience, but it's bad experience," and he dropped it in the middle of a disjointed rant. I thought he was doing great until she needled him about his business acumen, and then he went off script and lost the thread. The guy has ADHD, asking him to stand still for 95 minutes and banter about facts is completely antithetical to his character. He'd be better off with four one-hour debates than three at 90 minutes.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm down with the idea of lowering corporate taxes to a level in line with the rest of the world. Makes sense.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No, I don't give him props. He is who we know he is. He ain't changing. He must get some good cocaine too.

But SHE didn't do herself any favors. She has waited for this moment for so long. It was like watching a team with 1st and goal at the 2 giving it to the same back all 4 times, who gets stuffed at the 1 every time.

4. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I don't like her at all and yet I think she did pretty well. I didn't find her voice nearly as grating as I normally do, mostly because I was too distracted by his imitation of a toddler who can't sit still for more than two minutes. What were you expecting her to do? Sink to his level? You don't go for the knockout punch in the 12th round when you've got the fight won. He was cruising downhill and she just kept going "ole" and watched him hurtle past.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'd be down with eliminating the corporate tax altogether, but I'm pretty sure that's politically a non-starter. Nevertheless, if someone would put on the table a tremendously simplified corporate tax regime that has a top rate of 15%, I'd be all over it.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I didn't get what I was hoping she should be able to achieve on this stage at this time of her career.

At least she didn't cough.

8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Apple pays little taxes here because they set up their accounting for their revenue to be earned overseas.
    Currently they are holding about 200 bil in cash from those profits.
    If the tax rate were to drop to 15 % there would not be a need to keep those profits overseas.
    In total the estimate is over 2 trill in lost revenue and a big boost to the economy if that money could be repatriated.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The Venezuelan Miss Universe thing was pretty close to a knockout punch.

Ace likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

There were times when he looked like a thorobred the stewards had trouble loading into the gate, then couldn't wait for the bell to ring.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Fat shaming. That'll win over female voters!

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I saw #TrumpWon was trending. I wonder what Real Americans got that hashtag going?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.