1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They are running for president?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

From CNN in 1997:

NEW YORK (CNN) -- When Alicia Machado of Venezuela was named Miss Universe nine months ago, no one could accuse her of being the size of the universe. But as her universe expanded, so did she, putting on nearly 60 pounds.

Indeed, the reigning Miss Universe learned the hard way that an extra 15 or 20 pounds can gain you a ton of publicity. But now she's determined to shed at least 15 pounds, though the loss of her Miss Universe crown is no longer an issue.

CNN - Expanding Miss Universe works to shed pounds - Jan. 29, 1997

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This 320-pound lardass loadbag is now an arbiter of acceptable levels of fitness?

4. YankeeFan

No. And neither was Trump in 1997.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I guess this is just sport for you at this point, challenging yourself to rationalize the worst of his boorishness.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

But What Hillary did in 97 matters?

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Doesn't she know that you can't spot burn fat away with sit-ups?

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's the most damning part of it - Trump continuing to bring it up today. And I'm sure he will bring it up again later this week too.

9. YankeeFan

LOL.

Look, I wouldn't call her those names. I don't think Trump should have.

But, we're talking about someone who was under contract solely for her looks. Her contract was for one year.

And, she gained 55 pounds in 9 months.

If I'm the guy paying her, I'd be pissed.

This really isn't different than an athlete getting out of shape. A male athlete, who gained a ton of weight, and got called names, would get no sympathy.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

YF, you killed BYM on multiple threads for the words he used in describing women. Now you're ok with your potential president being a bigger pig than that. Strange.

I know, Bill Clinton, Hillary destroying alleged rape victims.

11. YankeeFan

OK. That was funny!

Sit ups make my wife insane.

But, this was 1997. A lot has changed.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The story uses Donald Fuckingasshole Liar Trump and his organization as a primary source; therefore any and every "fact" cited within must be regarded as bullshit.

Nothing Dumpf cites as "fact" should be regarded as even possibly true by anybody with any functional brain cells.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.