1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And, People On The Internet say he fucks his daughter.

2. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Yup JFK and his little bro Bobby almost got us blown off the face of the earth while they where
    cavorting with starlets and taking bad advise from the likes of Bundy.

There is also a case to be made that it was Bundy who advocated for the assignation of Diem

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

IIRC, JFK actually thought he would get a measured response out of Acheson but was taken aback when the former SecState was as gung-ho as everyone else.

Which does little to diminish my point: JFK resisted a lot of pressure --- regardless of where it all came from --- to keep us from getting blown off the face of the earth.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Speaking of low information (re: the Cheryl Mills thing) ... wonder why it was felt that giving immunity was necessary, seeing as how there are these things called search warrants and subpoenas that can be used to compel people to turn over such stuff.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Earthman

It was JFK's immaturity that got us to that point

6. doctorquant

Ah, so that was your point ... The whole "brass hats at the Pentagon" bit was just a rhetorical flourish.

7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

To be fair it isn't just people on the internet. I have seen it on TV. In fact many, many people are saying Trump has fucked his daughter. Not me but many others have said he fucked his daughter.

8. Starman

Bullshit. It was hell-bent-for-leather trigger happy Pentagon poohbahs who took us to the brink.

9. doctorquant

I don't buy that, either. It was the culmination of a series of steps/mis-steps, not the least of which (in relevance) was the Bay of Pigs invasion. JFK may have been President when that went down, but he sure as well wasn't when it was being planned.

10. Starman

Yesterday some nitwit on Facebook was spewing that all Catholics were bound by morality to vote for Dumpf because he was the godly candidate who would defend the sanctity of life.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight . . .

Had Nixon been in the White House, the Soviets never would have attempted to install missiles in Cuba. They would have just accepted the missiles we placed in Turkey in the summer of 1961 without any response whatsoever. And therefore, we never would have come close to nuclear disaster. That's your story?

12. Earthman

"Do you like cigars Alicia?"
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.