1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I won't teach you, but I will taunt you with my gif-posting brilliance:

[​IMG]

OscarMadison, HanSenSE, Key and 2 others like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Great. Let's elect her president:

The interviews—taken together and reconstructed for this article into the first-ever comprehensive narrative of how her email server scandal unfolded—draw a picture of the controversy quite different from what either side has made it out to be. Together, the documents, technically known as Form 302s, depict less a sinister and carefully calculated effort to avoid transparency than a busy and uninterested executive who shows little comfort with even the basics of technology, working with a small, harried inner circle of aides inside a bureaucracy where the IT and classification systems haven’t caught up with how business is conducted in the digital age. Reading the FBI’s interviews, Clinton’s team hardly seems organized enough to mount any sort of sinister cover-up. There’s scant oversight of the way Clinton communicated, and little thought given to how her files might be preserved for posterity—MacBook laptops with outdated archives are FedExed across the country, cutting-edge iPads are discarded quickly and BlackBerry devices are rejected for being “too heavy” as staff scrambled to cater to Clinton’s whims.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

She's running against the worst candidate in the modern history of United States presidential elections. There is literally nothing that you could summon and post here that would make her the less desirable candidate. Nothing.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You know who's up at odd hours doing maniac things? Cokeheads. I'm not saying Trump is a coke addict and that fuels his tweetstorms. Many people are. I'm not. But that's what I read online. It's everywhere. I don't know though. Go check it out.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Crooked Hillary can't be trusted to fix The Cyber!

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-202-this-week-was-full-of-reality-checks-for

"-- Conservative Charles Krauthammer argues in his column today that Trump planted a “time bomb” for himself by “smugly” bragging that not paying any federal income tax makes him smart: “His great weakness is his vanity. He is temperamentally incapable of allowing any attack on his person to go unavenged. He is particularly sensitive on the subject of his wealth. So central to his self-image is his business acumen that in the debate he couldn’t resist the temptation to tout his cleverness on taxes. Big mistake. The next day, Clinton offered the obvious retort: ‘If not paying taxes makes him smart, what does that make all the rest of us?; Meanwhile, Trump has been going around telling Rust Belt workers, on whom his electoral college strategy hinges and who might still believe that billionaires do have some obligation to pay taxes, that ‘I am your voice.’ When gaffes like this are committed, the candidate either doubles down … or simply denies he ever said anything of the sort.”

There are a lot of interesting points in that column.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

People are saying this.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Speed freaks and meth heads.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't get, given your position, why this would be a negative for Clinton. Frankly, I'd sooner believe she was clueless regarding technology rather than actively scheming. Not the greatest look either way, to be sure, but hey, we're living in a world of the better of two bad options, aren't we?

poindexter likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't know that this is as winning of an issue as Team Hillary seems to think it is, for a couple of reasons. First, everyone tries to take all of the deductions they can. It's a stretch that if he's "smart" for not paying taxes, then everyone else is stupid. I think people understand that he probably has a complicated set of loopholes and deductions that are available to him that might not be available to them. Second, he had what I thought was a very good retort that has gotten lost in all of this: If he can avoid it, why should he pay taxes to a federal government that is just going to waste the money anyway?

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Today's TrumpMail came from KellyAnne Conway. Subject line: Double Down

For a moment I thought she was reading this thread.

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.