1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This from the guy who doesn't like coffee machine repair jokes. Shotty may not be on the team but he's in the league, while you're the equivalent of the sports talk radio caller.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And you gave YF an example that should have made it clear to YF, but he rather take his shots from ignorance than actually learn something.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The idea that the average sports journalist understands how politics works better than the Average Joe is fucking laughable. Journalism has many problems. One of them is that it is filled with people who overestimate their importance.*

*Cue JohnHammond post.

old_tony and Dick Whitman like this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

When do I get upset about coffee machine repair jokes?

I worked in politics in New York. I know how politics/reporting works.

FileNotFound and old_tony like this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Actually, it's evidence you didn't follow the conversation, or have reading comprehension issues.

old_tony likes this.
  6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

This whole idea that anyone who doesn't agree with liberals, and now 'progressives', is somehow racist has gone far beyond a sleazy but unfortunately effective way to get votes and stifle debate.
    Now it is at the point where these fools are everywhere trying to upstage each other in finding new examples of 'racism', and new reasons to trash our country.
    Led by the Hoper and Changer himself.
    They are all stooges for the anti-democratic forces trying to divide this nation by race, and ultimately destroy it. And they must be defeated.

SpeedTchr, old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The GOP candidate has chosen to run a presidential campaign that directly appeals to racists, bigots and sexists. Nobody has needed to thrust this on him.

8. outofplace

Not sure I buy the first claim and I know the second is not true based on what you post on this site.

9. outofplace

I followed the conversation just fine. You just don't like how often you are busted in your bullshit.

10. outofplace

That part in bold is pure strawman, and the post just got worse from there. You don't even believe this mess, do you?

11. outofplace

You missed the point, Sunshine. It wasn't a claim that the sports journalist understands politics better. It is that he understands journalism better.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Replace politics with journalism and my point still stands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.