1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You guys must have simply missed her response. I guess that's your best ploy.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I read it. She thoroughly kicked your ass, tony. Your lame attempt to move the goalposts cannot save you from the beating you just took.

3. old_tony

Bullshit. They both did the same thing, whether or not the code they used was different. That you refuse to admit that says what we already know about you. I wish I played my guitar as much as I play you.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Things about Lebron James and Hillary Clinton seem to gain a lot of traction on social media. I'm guessing the message will get out beyond Business Insider readers. :)

5. outofplace

You played nobody tonight, tony. Amy handed you your ass. I know you are too full of shit to acknowledge that footprint she left on your hind parts, but your lame attempt to divert attention from it is failing miserably.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Holy shit. Is tony the sportswriter trying to mansplain taxes to a tax attorney?

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Oh no, Tony's home from H&R Block!

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I honestly had no idea synagogues had choirs. Thanks for the enlightening (and uplifting!) post.

9. old_tony

Might want to read how Amy never says Trump did anything wrong. Then you can tell OOP how wrong he is -- again.

10. outofplace

Tony, that wasn't the point of Amy's posts. She was pointing out how ridiculously wrong you were and it was in that area that she laid a whipping upon you. You tried to shift the argument to a moral evaluation of Trump's actions as cover, but that attempt is failing.

Y'all keep trying to fight the battle on that ground, but it is irrelevant. The issue is how bad this looks for Trump. Part of that is his history of attacking others for avoiding paying taxes, even if they did so legally. The larger issue is his approach to this issue is liable to piss off some voters. His inability to see that once again demonstrates Trump's lousy judgement.

11. old_tony

I guess Amy will have to explain it to you. Trump had a huge loss and was able to deduct it to lower his tax bill (actually to zero). Clinton had a loss and was able to deduct it and lower her tax bill. Same principle.

As so many have already pointed out, should he have not taken the legally available deduction? Of course not. And should Hillary not have taken the legally available deduction? Again, of course not. Everyone should take their legally available deductions. Taking legally allowable deductions is not a scandal, no matter how hard you wish it was for (only) Trump.

12. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

The NYT didn't have the documents a year ago, or even a month ago. This is such a great reminder of how old fashioned journalism still matters.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/03/i...tax-records-in-my-mailbox.html?mwrsm=Facebook

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.