1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Tony, I never said it was a scandal. Hell, I never said it was wrong. You and his other defenders are the ones fighting that battle, trying to shift the discussion to the morality of Trump's behavior, but that isn't what I posted about and it isn't what Amy posted about.

It is hypocritical for Trump to brag about avoiding paying taxes after criticizing others for doing the same thing. It does make him look bad. That he is bragging about something that makes him look bad to voters shows poor judgement.

And what he did is not the same as what Clinton did. Amy explained that very well to you. She kicked your sorry butt in the process. Don't worry, tony. I know you don't have it in you to admit something like that.

2. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

The NYT IS taking a victory lap as if there was a contest amoung the main stream media to see who could derail Trump first.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I hope they eventually explain what he did wrong.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the front-page "series" USA Today did a few years back on generals retiring from the military and going to work for defense contractors as consultants. Which is perfectly logical AND legal, and in none of the cases highlighted was it unethical.

Yet, seemingly every day, there was a new, indignant "article" about the practice.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Presented with a 1000-piece puzzle that clearly shows a picture of a deranged, incompetent candidate, people want to spend their time arguing over the gradient of the sky on one piece in the upper left corner. Step back and see the big picture.

6. Dick Whitman

We can do both.

doctorquant likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

I ask again: What should have Trump done instead?

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The media's job is to put things in context. In the process of telling us things, they should be clearly explaining why something is important and why we should care. And, no, "big rich meany makes a lot of money" doesn't count.

old_tony, YankeeFan and Dick Whitman like this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Morning Joe was just asking where the new polls were this week.

Hardly any new national polls have come out after the debate.

He speculates that polls were done, but not released because the folks that did them didn't like them.

That sounds like a conspiracy theory, but where are they?

They've had time to do a full, post debate poll.

I was expecting them to be released in conjunction with the Sunday morning shows.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There have been noticeably fewer polls in general this cycle because the evil, liberal media forgot to conspire to remain as profitable as in years past. It does inject a little more uncertainty into forecasts and predictions, if that helps you start your week off with a smile.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a conspiracy, but weren't some of these polls -- like the NBC/SurveyMonkey poll -- billed as weekly polls?

And, if you were planning out your schedule, and your budget, wouldn't you be sure to poll after the first debate?

12. Dick Whitman

Maybe they want to make sure the polling fully captures the debate effect, if any? I'm frustrated, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.