1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Some journalism is. It seems to piss you off more when it's the New York Times other than, say, the other 1,000 outlets. Why?

I'm not trying to be lame in the face of shoddy work, either. But this is one of those Clintonesque "shoddy" deals more than it's, like, the disgusting shit Fox News peddles on the daily.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No question he does. Trump knows (or intuits, I don't know which it is exactly) that much of conservative white America has come to hate its country (because, they think, their country hates them) and he wasted no time appealing to angels of our better nature. Trump has an eye for human weakness, conservative white America wants to see politicians torn to pieces, Trump did that, and they loved it. It's America's version of a coup.

It's quite natural a celebrity bag o wind is the person to lead it. That's just about right for where America is and has been for years.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You don't. Trump didn't.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who can ever forget the first Clinton Tax returns we got our eyes on:

In previous returns, when Mr. Clinton was the Governor of Arkansas and his wife was a partner in a Little Rock law firm, the Clintons had gone so far as to deduct $2 for underwear donated to charities.

Clinton Taxes Laid Bare, Line by Line

If the recent past is any guide, Bill Clinton and his wife, First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton, have been spending the past few months gathering up unwanted belongings -- from old shoes to shower curtains to jogging shorts to, yes, apparently used underwear -- carefully enumerating each item alongside dollar amounts on handwritten lists, and giving the lot to such worthy causes as the Salvation Army and Goodwill Industries.

The Clintons' tax returns over the past decade -- which "obviously were prepared with an eye toward being released," according to White House press secretary Dee Dee Myers -- are rife with detailed supporting documents that may someday prove a rich boon to historians and psychohistorians studying the forces that shaped the Clinton presidency.

As political figures are wont to do, particularly those with White House aspirations, the Clintons have over the past few years thoughtfully disclosed their tax returns, providing citizens with a fascinating window on a heretofore unexamined aspect of their lives.

Several experts were consulted about Clinton's tax-deductible donations, especially of underwear. Paul Offenbacher, a longtime Washington-area tax accountant, said it is highly unusual to take an itemized deduction on donated underwear; indeed, he had never heard of such a thing.

BILL CLINTON'S GREAT SKIVVIES GIVE-AWAY

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Because that's one of the papers I read.

I also think that they should be the standard bearer for good journalism.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Presidents shouldn't understand the importance of public perception?

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is that controversial? When you donate to Goodwill, they give you this stupid checklist that you have to itemize for tax purposes.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Great. Now do Trump. Oh wait. We can't. He is hiding this information.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No one donates used underwear.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Quinnipiac:

Florida -- Clinton +5
    Ohio -- Trump +5
    Pennsylvania -- Clinton +4
    North Carolina -- Clinton +3

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Tell that to my sister-in-law, who tried to hand-me-down my nephew's used tighty-whities to my son.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Donald donates Ivanka's used panties to his private spank collection. Fap fap fap fap ... SNNIFFFF!

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.