1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

That was not implied?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I find this to be silly semantics, and the kind of "gotcha" Trump coverage that the media frequently overplays its hand on. This isn't different than, "Obama didn't call it 'terrorism'! He called it an 'act of terror' and that's not the same!"

I'm on the board of a mental health non-profit, and I'm not remotely offended.

FileNotFound and YankeeFan like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When's the last time you were in a Goodwill or any other thrift store? People do it all the time.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No. It's what you wanted to hear.

I suspect he was saying that he thinks all vets are strong, and think that they can handle it, but not everyone can, even if they are strong.

I mean, seriously, do you think he went before a group of vets and intentionally called vets who suffer from PTSD weak?

5. YankeeFan

Last week. We buy baby clothing at the local Salvation Army. (The local Goodwill wasn't nearly as good.) Didn't see any used underwear for sale.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You "suspect" that is what he meant, but once again, he wasn't clear. You are interpreting to be what you wanted to hear, exactly what you just accused Badger of doing.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Uh, yes. He's the special breed of dumbfuck who would do just that.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He said John McCain wasn't a war hero because he was captured. Why wouldn't he insult PTSD sufferers, too?

9. YankeeFan

Sure I am. Because he was speaking to a group of vets, seeking their vote, and singing their praise.

Should I believe that he went there to insult vets with PTSD?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Given the tone deafness that Trump has shown on many occasions, I wouldn't put it past him.

11. YankeeFan

This is dumb too.

He criticized McCain, which Dems and the media have no problem doing, but the interviewer tried to stop him, and act like any criticism of McCain was sacrilegious because McCain was a "war hero".

All Trump was saying was, "give me a break". What, we can't criticize John McCain because he was captured, and we must refer to him only as, "John McCain, War Hero?"

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In front of a crowd of vets, yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.