1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Don't forget when he called McCain a "loser" a few seconds later, and said, "I don't like losers."

I'm sure Trump just meant to open the national debate on the general idea of what encompasses a "loser."

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Your store must be classier than ours, because it's there at the Goodwill here.

3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Yes I do. He thought that would be a good look because his supporters are "tougher" than the average guy. He said John McCain wasn't a hero. Did he not mean that either? Here is what Trump thinks...PTSD is for pussies. period.

4. MisterCreosote

[​IMG]

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Like others have said, Trump is the only straight shooter and teller like it is who constantly needs people to read between the lines to determine his true message.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You can read Trump's PTSD comments a number of ways ... it's just not clear what he's getting at.

You can't read Trump's McCain comments any other way ... what he said was crass, insulting and the clearest glimpse he's ever provided into the black, narcissistic hole that is his soul.

7. MisterCreosote

By the way, I'd love to see a list of "Dems and the media" who have criticized McCain's military service.

Thx.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It was a dumb, reflexive statement.

But, it was while they were in the middle of a public back-and-forth fight, and Luntz tried to shut him down from criticizing McCain, because McCain was a war hero.

His objection was to the idea that McCain was above criticism, especially since McCain was criticizing him.

Did he say it extremely poorly? Yes. Of course. But, there was no intent to run down POWs.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Well as long as he isn't in control of his actions, his pure intentions would surely see the country through any crisis.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. I only meant that they criticized McCain in general, which is what Trump was doing. Trump was criticizing McCain on immigration policy, and MacCain was pissed about it, and had criticized Trump back.

2. But, let's not forget that McCain was criticized for his service by some on the left. He was a traitor and/or had gone "crazy".

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Fair enough. It evinced an intent to run down that POW because he'd been a POW. That's perhaps even worse than running down all POWs ... and it's certainly ample evidence that Trump is, was and always will be a POS.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'd like to see YF's reaction had Barack Hussein Otero said the same about John McCain.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.