1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Who on the left has been saying this?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He doesnt think about what he says. Hes not smart enough to have a strategy like that.

McCain was a shit pilot and got his assignments based on nepotism. But his personal courage is beyond reproach

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Like who?

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Matt Taibbi.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think it's mostly a case of Trump's mouth getting out ahead of his brain -- which, admittedly, isn't a great trait for a President.

These weren't planned remarks. It was his quick tempered response to Luntz interrupting him with the fact that McCain was war hero.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Senator Personal Courage has been acting awfully bitch made to the candidate who insulted him and all the men with whom he shared the Hanoi Hilton.

7. YankeeFan

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong ... I am and was no McCain fan. I hate his signature legislative triumph, and his putting Palin on the ticket has proved to be one of the worst national-ticket decisions ever.

But there's no defending Trump's comments re: McCain's war service.

A decent man would have apologized immediately and profusely. Trump didn't and won't.

ETA: And I don't give a shit if every lefty from here to Haight-Ashbury said the same or worse about McCain.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thank you, DQ, for not allowing YF to divert from that point with his usual "they did it, too" bullshit.

10. YankeeFan

I think Trump's comments were a mistake, and in poor taste. It is an example of his "lashing out" and "striking back" regardless of the situation

I'm also not sure he wins the nomination if he gave a full throated apology, because of it would have played in the media.

Politicians never want to admit a mistake, or offer an apology, because they'll never be able to live it down.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Seriously? For fuck's sake. There is no defending Trump on this one. No way whatsoever.

I'm no fan of McCain's policies, but again, for fuck's sake. Trump ripped him for being captured and then the petulant orange child wouldn't back down.

Defending Trump on this makes anyone look like a lunatic. And one more time, for emphasis, FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

heyabbott likes this.
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.