1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

His non-apology apology is walking it back? Here's what he said, via your post: "Certainly if there was a misunderstanding, I would totally take that back," Trump said Monday to Fox News host Bill O'Reilly.

Wow, that's one yuuuuge apology. And who cares in what venue he said it, or what the question was? He said what he said.

You're still trying to defend something which cannot be defended.

If Trump's opponent was anyone else, I'd wager you'd find him to be a totally unacceptable laughingstock, joke of a candidate.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Chris Rock is a comedian...have you heard of him? Using a joke that Chris Rock made years ago as a defense of Trump's comment while running for President of The United States is weak sauce, even for you.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The origin of Trump's line turns out to be Chris Rock. But don't expect the media to acknowledge that.

JakeandElwood likes this.
  5. BadgerBeer

Are you still seriously doubting that people donate their used underwear and that others buy it?

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

That does not answer my question. You claimed those on the left were accusing him of being a "traitor" and "crazy." I see nothing in your link to substantiate either claim (and, seriously, citing a friggin Chris Rock joke as evidence?).

Care to try again? After all, I assume you didn't just make up that "traitor" thing from nothing, did you?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, Chris Rock was the only person mentioned in that story.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He wouldn't. Neither would anybody here. But then again he's not homeless or nearly homeless.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

People may donate new underwear to be good people, but anyone who "donates" used underwear and expects other people to want to buy them is seriously deficient.

Or are you telling me that you buy used underwear? ;)

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sean Spicer finally realized Willie Horton comparisons aren't good.

11. BadgerBeer

Well, I don't think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be president," Wesley Clark said.

You can't be referring to this as it is nothing like Trump's comment.

Rand Beers, Sen. John Kerry’s, D-Mass., top national security adviser during his 2004 presidential run, said that because McCain was in an unfortunate state of “isolation” during much of the Vietnam War, his national security experience is “sadly limited.”

Are you referring to this? Don't see many similarities to Trump's comment.

There were headlines from a couple of web sites but I don't remember Huff Post or the other running for office. What comments are you thinking of ot?

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I hire an accountant to do my taxes for me. His job is to figure how I can pay the least amount of tax possible within the law.

Does that make us un-American? Are we gaming the system?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.