1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Funny thing -- where I grew up, the Goodwill store was one of the hottest boutiques in town. Two of my mom's friends shopped there regularly; I think those two families have six houses between them.

Not sure if they bought underwear. But I would be surprised if they didn't.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's what a lot of white Americans will do, though. That's how much they hate Clinton.

I tend to think they've been trained to hate her, regardless of whether they should or not, and are turned off by here I'm-better-than-you manner. People tend to take insults better than they do slights, and Clinton doles out many more of the latter.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Do tell about her "manner," poster who assumed Mrs. Adam LaRoche reviled camping.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

As long as used underwear has hijacked this thread, let me announce now that no matter how tough times may ever get in the future, I'll do laundry every night or even wear gym shorts instead of underwear before I buy used underwear.

JC likes this.
  6. Starman

But what if it was Hilary's?

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Check your privilege, YF.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

King Kong Bundy once tried to kill Hulk Hogan. But all he did was break some of Hogan's ribs.

He clearly needed a closer to finish the job.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sure, but if you've gotten the best part of a billion dollars to spread over previous years and years to come you really sound like a dick doing it.

Add in that as a part of making the deal for the $918b he gave up the depreciation deductions on the properties involved. He then took those properties which no longer had that juicy depreciation (which is a big part of how real estate moguls make money) and spun them off into a different Trump real estate holding company. He then sold shares in it to unsuspecting buyers after he had already cashed out their depreciation value.

10. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

The underwear hijack is actually interesting. The fact that our 2 biggest Trump backers are so out of touch with those less fortunate that they laugh at the thought of wearing used undies speaks to their world view. Not a good look.

11. Starman

Fraud.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Do you think he has to go to a speech with the intent to insult someone to insult them? It seems to me that he has gotten off teleprompter and insulted people, sexes, and races in job lots off the cuff any number of times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.