1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Maybe Trump got tax advise from Bono

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The ugly part of the billion dollar loss isn't the accounting tricks or the tax dodge. It is how he made it happen. He by any practical definition stole massive amounts of money from his investors, sacking the company for every scrap of value he could divert to himself personally and leaving them with the empty shell.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Except his investors lost their asses. And it seems no reputable big banks do business with him any longer.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It was a great scam.

Control a publicly-traded company, overpay for properties in your personal portfolio, give yourself a huge bonus, bankrupt the company but make out like a bandit.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not doubting his number of business fuck-ups. I was just pointing out how he could have given a reasonable answer instead of just being an ass.

6. Earthman

Only topped by a government bailout

7. Earthman

Much like investors in the former GM and future Obama Motors

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well, seeing as how the entirety of his debate prep was devoted to "don't be an ass" and he couldn't pull that off ...

LongTimeListener likes this.
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

A fuck-up is a mistake. This was malevolent fraud and theft on the principle of "I'm too big for you to sue, what are you gonna do about it?"

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There's a benevolent kind? Oh, wait ... nah, that pitch is too juicy. I'll let that one pass by in the interest of sportsmanship.

RickStain likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

"If a guy's close to you, you can't slight 'im. You an't slight that guy. A real grievance can be resolved; differences can be resolved. But an imaginary hurt, a slight -- that motherfucker gonna hate you 'til the day he dies."

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

When you sack a company you own, and divert every scrap to yourself personally, leaving only an empty shell behind, shouldn't you show a profit on your personal taxes and not a $916 million loss?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.