1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I tend to agree and it's a tall order.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Example 8,924 of Trump the teller-like-it-is needing people to say "Nah, it looked like he said that but what he really meant was ... "

jr/shotglass likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

By the same token, tonight's job for Kaine is to use Pence to tie the Republican party to the, uh, more erratic part of candidate Trump.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

By espousing conservative ideals Trump doesn't have?

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not reinterpreting what he said.

When you hear the clip, starting with, "I'm not even sure she was loyal to Bill," it sounds like he means sexually. But, when you hear the whole clip, and realize he's talking about political loyalty to donors, and to herself, you realize there's nothing sexual about it at all.

But, of course, most of the time I've heard it, I've only heard the last part.

6. YankeeFan

Pretty much.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What's up with no 3 a.m. tweets last night? WiFi down?

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Wrong!

(Just trying to communicate in a straight shooter manner you would respect/understand)

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, bringing up Bill being impeached for lying under oath about his affair with Lewinsky is a sharp commentary on political loyalty to donors and has nothing to do with sex.

"Hillary Clinton's only loyalty is to her financial contributors. I don't even think she's loyal to Bill, if you want to know the truth. Really, folks, why should she be? The American people have had it with years and decades of Clinton corruption and scandal. Remember, he got impeached for lying. You remember what he lied about. He can't practice law — he was a lawyer, can't be a lawyer. Everyone forgets."

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

Where does he imply that she is sexually disloyal to him?

Hillary is practically asexual. The idea that she fucking someone else is ludicrous. And, Bill's complaints to his paramours have always been abou how disinterested she is in sex.

But, as a result of him cheating on her sexually, and embarrassing her by constantly having his affairs made public, she owes him no personal/political loyalty.

12. YankeeFan

I'm not even sure it's right to call it a loophole.

It's certainly not obscure.

You lose money, you get to carry those losses forward. It's standard. Every account knows this, not just super smart ones who deal with rich people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.