1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You misunderstand. I wasn't questioning the real reason for the rule. I was questioning YF's assertion that it had something to do with encouraging risk-taking

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh come on. Of course it encourages investment, which, by its very nature, involves risk-taking.

And I know this will cause the Bernie Bro in you to shit your shorts, but the benefits (in social welfare) of investment don't manifest themselves exclusively in tax revenues.

old_tony and YankeeFan like this.
  3. RickStain

Only incidentally in the sense that any lower tax bill can encourage investment.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

We're on the board sportsjournalists.com and there isn't universal acknowledgment of what happens to employees when a business starts losing big money?

Neutral Corner and old_tony like this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Sorry, to correct my initial post:

Trump quote from a discussion in PA yesterday regarding vets suffering from PTSD:

“They see things that maybe a lot of the folks in this room have seen many times over and you’re strong and you can handle it, but a lot of people can’t handle it,” he says in the video above.

Who is he to question the fiber of someone who's suffering from PTSD? Ridiculous. He has zero credibility to question their "strength", analogous to his view of McCain as a POW as "not a hero". To him I say, how about you serve as a POW for 4 years, then tell me? Or you watch 2 of your closest buddies blown up in front of your eyes and see if you have the "strength"?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Like Dumpf gives a jack shit about that.

It ain't his money he's losing, anyway. Uncle Sugar, aka Joe Taxpayer, will pick up the tab.

7. RickStain

The same thing that happens when the business makes big money but a friend of board member needs a high-paying executive job?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think it's live boy/dead girl. So that may explain why Trump keeps chugging along.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's not a lower tax bill, it's a valid tax bill.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I can't take seriously any publication that writes 1990s as nineteen-nineties. ;)

Ace and Michael_ Gee like this.
  11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

They just happened by coincidence to both be able to see them at the same time? That's your argument?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Unless they post something that is pro-Republican, which you would then support with every ounce of your being.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.