1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's criticizing the policy, not the people.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Again, Jennifer Granholm is a Democratic politician, with allegiances to both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

She has no relationship with the truth about Donald Trump. She's a political attack dog, not a journalist.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, Trump has the opportunity to clear that up then, doesn't he?

Show us your long form!

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Without the release of Trump's tax information, we just have to take his word for it.

And, if we could somehow monetize the depreciation of being able to take him at his word during this election, he could probably use the loss to avoid paying federal tax for a century.

5. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

I can't wait for Hillary to release her Goldman Sachs speeches. I bet she rips a new one on those
    greedy bastards.

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

And a damn Canuckistani to boot!

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

When the GOP nominee tweets "Facebook billionaire gives up his U.S. citizenship in order to save taxes. I guess 3.8 billion isn't enough for @TheRealSaverin. He's taking off to Singapore but will continue to enjoy the fruits of the U.S." he's not criticizing a policy. He's criticizing Saverin. When he tweets, "@BarackObama who wants to raise all our taxes, only pays 20.5% on $790k salary. http://1.usa.gov/HFZJKH Do as I say not as I do," he's not criticizing a policy. He's criticizing Obama.

Nowhere in those tweets does he mention tax codes that need to be changed or policies that need to be adopted. He simply calls out someone for not paying enough taxes.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's definitely criticizing Obama's policy: "who wants to raise all our taxes."

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The appropriateness of Trump being brought down by something that rings on an emotional level with some of the electorate while having no substance is delicious.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He's saying Obama, who wants to raise all our taxes, should be paying more taxes. Do you think the GOP nominee is really criticizing a tax policy that allows the President to pay less in taxes? He's not saying "the tax code is messed up." He's calling Obama a hypocrite.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

He doesn't need the benefit of the doubt on this one. Simple logic dictates that either: A) he was entitled to the NOL; or B) he managed to convince the IRS that he was. It's ridiculous to think that 20 years ago Trump fraudulently declared a loss of that magnitude (someone earlier noted it was something like 1/20th of the total of all NOLs that year) and that somehow the IRS just let it go.

YankeeFan, Batman and Earthman like this.
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Unless he overstated it and the IRS disallowed some of it in later years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.