1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Exactly and since he's not in Lewisboro we can presume that The IRS signed off on either full deduction or they disallowed some of the deduction.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

True, but I think it's unlikely that whoever leaked the '95 return wouldn't have let the world know about that as well.

3. Earthman

Possible which could mean that he actually had to pay taxes in subsequent years because he
    not have the 900 mil NOL. All perfectly legal though and part of the process.

4. Earthman

This whole tax story highlights in spades the bias and intellectual dishonesty of the
    national MS media.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Whoever leaked to the NYT didn't even have his federal return from that year.

A good 99.7 percent of all of this is still pure speculation.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The reaction is driven in immense part by the way that the New York Times played the story, on a Sunday.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That's right, forgot that. And you're right about how much of this is speculation.

A guy whose work/positions I respect a lot had this to say about L'Affaire TrumpTax ...
    The Grumpy Economist: Trump Taxes

8. Earthman

Yes it started with The Times but the rest of the MSM jumped on it real fast almost as if
    they knew it was coming. And nowhere did I see any context or pullback to Times conjecture.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Didn't Harold Ford keep calling it "speculation" on "Morning Joe"?

10. Earthman

The Times publishes Trumps personal tax return without permission and everyone is mad
    at Yahoo for letting the Feds read Email that was probably mostly about fantasy sports.

11. Earthman

I gave up on Morning Joe months ago . They lost their way. But it would not surprise me
    about Ford. He does seem to have some intellectual honesty.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Morning Blowjob has already driven off 95% of the previous "liberal" MSNBC audience with Scarborough's shameless Hannity/O'Reilly Jr. Faux Fascist Noise right wing wannabe schtick. They've got nothing left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.