1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Comey delivered a closing argument for the prosecution and then decided to fold to the threats against him and his family. But the closing argument is still on the record.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

LOL

Yah yah yah. The Clinton murder squad.

(Vigorous jacking-off motion)

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't want to talk about that right now.

Baron specifically said that Trump "not paying taxes" is fair game for criticism, because being legal is not always a valid defense of someone's actions, ex. Hillary's email server.

So my question is, putting aside anything he's ever said: What did he do that subjects him to criticism? What did he do wrong?

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Dick, the problem is you'll never "win" an argument going against Baron logic.

JC likes this.
  5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I think it was simply the way he answered the question. "Because I'm smart" sends the message that those who DO pay taxes are stupid whereas an answer like "Because the current tax code is set up to work this way. I think this is something I can fix" is a clearer statement of what the Trump Clean Up Brigade claims he meant.

FileNotFound likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nothing. What he did with his taxes is, so far, supposedly legal.

I'm just pointing out that what Hillary has done, so far, is supposedly legal too. Yet, a lot of people think she should be "disqualified" from running for president because of her apparently legal actions.

7. Dick Whitman

I understand that.

But Baron's -- and Jennifer Granholm's -- arguments are based upon the writing down of the loss, not things said in the aftermath.

What did he do wrong? What shouldn't he have done?

8. Dick Whitman

I can tell you what she did wrong: Legal or illegal, she should not have passed classified information on a private email server.

On the other hand, I find what Trump did to be perfectly reasonable and, in fact, he would have been irresponsible not to do it.

What did he do wrong?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No, that's the Republicans who have said being legal is not always a valid defense, just because it's Hillary stepping on the line, but not stepping over it.

The only criticism I've said about the Trump/tax issue is that during the debate, he should have given the nuanced answer that he gave in a speech a few days ago about how his tax avoidance is legal and helps his investors (allegedly) and workers (well, at least the ones he does pay) instead of saying "because I'm smart," because that could be seen as insulting.

10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

If that's the insult that keeps people from voting for Trump, they are dumb.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Has this question been answered: How did somebody have access to the first pages of three separate tax returns filed by Trump, but not the full returns?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.