1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

We know you are desperately trying to obtain a certain public "answer" from Baron.

So just give us the answer you seek. Because he sure isn't going to give it to you.

2. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

And he could have paid more taxes. We don't know. Possible that the IRS denied the
    1995 claim.

How great would it be if it was Trump that set The Times up by mailing the return himself
    and then down the road releases all his returns showing that IRS denied the exemption and he
    paid millions in taxes over the past 21 years

Songbird likes this.
  3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You are constantly wrong, that is not illegal.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump's story isn't unknown.

He covered extensively in the media in the 80's and 90's, and wrote books about his business dealings.

It's well known that his businesses were over leveraged, and that he had personally guaranteed many of his business loans.

1995 is when this all came do. I've even heard reporters saying, "1995 was a good year for the economy," as if it's odd that this was the year that Trump lost a billion dollars.

1995 was when he sold of losing assets, settled with his lenders, and personally paid off the loans that he owed.

All of this has been covered.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's not just Baron. Jennifer Granholm also said that "not every American" searches "for loopholes under every rock."

Did Trump do something wrong?

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"We confess. He did nothing wrong. We just like bitching about him. Whatever he does."

Can we move on?

7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Actually didn't Trump say that this period of the 90's was worse than the recession we just experienced? Was he full of shit with that statement?

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Worth noting...the Democratic party apparatus in terms of the necessary hackery is WAY better now than it was in 2000. All kinds of positive spinning of Kaine's performance last night. In 2000, Gore initially won the presidential debate, but the Dems allowed Fox to make the debate about Gore's sighs, and that shifted the narrative to Bush having the upper hand. Not that there's much to admire about hackery for the sake of hackery, but the old expression is, what, "You have to play the game"? Well, you have to play the game.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's still a bad look. Billionaire loses billions, brags about not paying taxes. It's not illegal.

It's also not illegale to be Secretary of State when an ambassador and others are killed. But that seems to continue being an issue.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Right. And it demonstrates that he wasn't a very good businessman.

My main question now is whether he actually makes any money in real estate or if that's just a front for a licensing business in which he markets himself as a successful real estate developer.

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

So a man that has consistently called out others for legally paying less in taxes should not be called out for legally paying no taxes? I am easily confused but this argument has me scratching my head. And don't tell me he is complaining about the system because we all know he has zero plans to change the system in a way that might harm him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.