1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final days of McDonald's?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They should can the burgers and just go all-breakfast all the time.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

A 6.5 percentage point increase at McDonald's is light years more volume than an 11 percentage point increase at Smash Burger.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Big Mac is just about the only edible thing on McD's menu. They test-marketed the Grand Mac this spring (a Big Mac with quarter pounder meat) and if they bring that back, my Golden Arches stops would increase tenfold.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I wonder what will happen when more Millennials have kids - whether the eating out will continue unabated at the usual millennial joints or it'll slow way down because some places arent as kid friendly.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Excellent point. I ate at McDonald's a lot between 1986-1995, when my children were little kids. After that, almost never.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

There are three types of people I'll never understand.
    1. Serial killers
    2. Necrophiliacs
    3. People who enjoy McDonald's breakfast

7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Don't eat there much anymore but I would have them make me a quarter pounder w/cheese with Big Mac stuff...sauce, lettuce, pickles but keep the quarter pounder onions....mmmmm

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Don't blame the millennials for avoiding the Big Mac. That third bun is a deal breaker. Empty carbs ... and not enough beef.

If I eat at McDonald's (maybe a couple times a year, when driving somewhere), the Quarter Pounder w/cheese is my go-to sandwich. Or a double cheeseburger.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Some people like egg and ham sandwiches. Some don't.

Some like sausage, egg and cheese burritos. Some don't.

It's not as if theirs are any better. But they're not worse, either. If you like those things, you can enjoy McD's breakfast.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'll eat McDonalds breakfast sometimes. Once or twice a year I'll get a craving for McNuggets, even though I know they're garbage. But it has probably been a decade or more since I ate a McDonalds burger.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Never had a Big Mac, and I have been eating somewhat regularly at the Golden Arches for 40 years. QP avec fromage is the go-to, though the cheap double cheeseburgers fill a spot real well. The fries are great, and they were the first to use the elevated drink lids that keep you from getting Diet Coke all over you when you insert the straw. Love the pancakes and the steak, egg and cheese bagel for breakfast.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Do you say "QP avec fromage," when you order?

SpeedTchr likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted