1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Makes sense, given Trump appreciates Iron Mike's public speaking skills.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... and counts Don King as one of his fevent supporters.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

His African-American!

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In this column, a liberal millennial reveals herself as a conspiracy moran, while a conservative millennial appears pragmatic.

Clinton’s best hope with millennials? Conservatives.

Small sample size alert, but this quote from the liberal...jaysus christ.

Amanda, a Bernie Sanders admirer and, now, a devotee of the Green Party’s Jill Stein, is so cynical about establishment politics that she wondered aloud whether Clinton and Republican rival Donald Trump may secretly be in cahoots.

“I feel like Trump’s only running so people are scared and vote for Hillary. I feel like it’s kind [of] like of a conspiracy almost. I’m not a conspiracy theorist but I feel like that’s what happened,” said Amanda, who declined to give her last name. She believes Trump’s candidacy is a necessary condition for Clinton’s victory, because “in a normal world I don’t think anyone would vote for Hillary.”
    Oh, Amanda, rest assured, you're a conspiracy theorist.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Can I say this about Clinton's emails scandal? I genuinely don't care. Maybe I'm biased. But I also didn't care when Colin Powell and others did it.

I just assume that if it truly were a horrendous security issue that someone would have noticed one of the tens of thousands of emails detailing secrets such as the password to Fort Knox were coming from VoteHillary2106@aol.com and told her to cut it out.

HanSenSE and jr/shotglass like this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

People don't want to vote for Clinton, but Trump didn't give them a reason to vote for him in the first debate.

There does appear to be a percentage of voters who are willing to be swayed. Are they locked in now after the first debate, or can Trump deliver a good performance, and will it change any votes.

7. YankeeFan

This is a guy who was Hillary Clinton's former campaign manager.

He's the mayor of the largest city in America, and his governing philosophy is 180 degrees from that of Giuiani and Bloomberg, which saved the city.

He saw himself as a/the leading progressive in the party, and had higher aspirations.

And, he's literally going to end up in jail.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Who is Bloomberg endorsing?

9. YankeeFan

Clinton.

Which says nothing of the current mayor of New York.

Clinton can't go full progressive -- at least during the campaign -- and win.

Bill did, and has a progressive city council. He has a chance to be implement his policies.

He also was going to be a "reformer". But, he's going to go to jail. Seriously.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Sounds like it might cost her the election.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Thank you for putting that into words.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.