1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And, a sexual assault claim by Kathleen Willey. A claim by Paula Jones that he exposed himself to her. A video of him groping a flight attendant. An inappropriate affair with a subordinate, that took place in the office.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's.

Ace likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The difference is Cosby is facing criminal charges and will stand trial in 2017. Clinton hasn't been charged.

4. YankeeFan

I've read all about how if someone made comments like Trump's in a locker room, in their presence, they would puck them in the mouth.

So, in the history of the MLB, NFL, NBA, or NHL, has a single player ever been decked for humiliating a female reporter? Ever?

Let's not glorify locker rooms, or pretend there aren't some serious misogynists, and men who use their celebrity to take advantage of women, in pro sports locker rooms.

5. YankeeFan

OK. I'll take that answer.

In fact, it's quite glorious.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I know I'm not supposed to say this, but - surprise! - the reaction to Trump's comments have been slightly over the top. He wasn't advocating "sexual assault," or confessing to it. He specifically mentioned, in fact, that the women consent because he's famous.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Paul Ryan represents everything rank-and-file Republicans rejected this year -- warmed over supply-side economics, fear-mongering over the deficit and telling ordinary people they need to fix the perceived problems by having their social security and Medicare cut.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Was an eight-year-old asking the question? Sounded like she was reading a question her Dad wrote for her.

9. YankeeFan

And, btw, how does James Carville, of the "drag a hundred dollar bill through a parking lot" fame still appear on MSNBC as a political analyst?

Has he ever apologized for that?

Could someone say such a thing about the former Miss Universe, and still appear as an analyst, or as a person in good standing in their political party?

Billy Bush can't host the fucking Today Show, but Carville has never faced any consequences for his behavior.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

With the perspective of twenty years, I'm less supportive of Bill Clinton than I was at the time. OTOH, let's not pretend that the Republicans and Ken Starr were not on a fishing expedition to find something, anything, they could hang on him. Let's remember that the oh so righteous leaders of the lynch mob were all having affairs themselves at the same time they were trying to hang Clinton for doing so.

The fact remains that Bill Clinton is not running for president.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

1) Interesting use of the possessive pronoun there.

b) We could just wait a few years and it'll take care of itself. I'm sure those ordinary people will love how that plays out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.