1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I know that look. It's the one my wife makes when she's in pain and gutting it out, denying that she really hurts that badly. It's supposed to be a smile, but it's more like a rectangular grimace while showing her teeth.

Ace likes this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

BTW this long-ago article YF linked to, one of the women cited as evidence of the new woman who was both political and sexual was Kellyanne herself.

The standard-bearers of the Clinton youth brigade were mostly male. The era of the policy babes in Washington didn’t really kick in until the 1994 Republican Revolution, from which sprang part-time TV pundits likes Laura Ingraham, a former editor of the Dartmouth Review who famously posed on the cover of The New York Times Magazine wearing a leopard-print miniskirt; the pollster Kellyanne Fitzpatrick, who boasted to Harper’s Bazaar that her “broad mind and small waist have not switched places”;

I don't know exactly what it means, but she could truly not think Trump's comments are a big deal.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Especially if Trump's check clears.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Whoopi Goldberg thinks Hillary is Bill's real victin, and Joy calls Bill's victims tramps:

No surprise from either. Whoopi only gets worked up about rape rape, if the perpetrator is liberal. Joy has said she'd vote for a rapist as long as they're liberal.

But, hey, at least Joy apologized today. She was joking!

“I want to apologize," she said with her eyes focused on the camera. "I never, ever intend to belittle sexual assault and the women who are victims of it ever... I made a joke... I’m sorry.”

Joy Behar Sorry For Calling Bill Clinton Accusers 'Tramps' On 'The View'

I'm guessing Joy won't be suspended.

5. Neutral Corner

I'm not very fond of John Scalzi, he's pretty far out the SJW scale for me, but he pretty well nails this one.

Trump, the GOP, and the Fall – Whatever

"I feel sorry for many of my individual friends who are Republicans and/or conservatives, who have to deal with the damage Trump is doing to their party and to their movement, even if I belong to neither. But I don’t feel sorry for the GOP at all. It deserves Trump. It fostered an environment of ignorance and fear and bigotry, assumed it could control the mob those elements created, and was utterly stunned when a huckster from outside claimed the mob as his own and forced the party along for the ride. It was hubris, plain and simple, and Trump is the GOP’s vulgar, orange nemesis.Trump will do the GOP long and lasting damage, and moreover, Trump doesn’t care that he will do the GOP long and lasting damage. Trump was never about being a Republican; he was just looking to expand his brand. As it turns out, like apparently so many things Trump does, he’s done an awful job of it — the name Trump, formerly merely associated with garish ostentation and bankruptcy, is now synonymous with white nationalism, sexual battery and failure — but the point is on November 9th Trump is going to move on and leave the wreckage of the GOP in his wake, off to his next thing (everyone assumes “Trump TV,” in which Trump combines with Breitbart to make white pride propaganda for the kind of millennial racist who thinks a Pepe the Frog Twitter icon is the height of wit — and I hope he does, because the Trump touch will drive that enterprise into the ground, and little would warm my heart more than a bankrupt Breitbart).

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  6. Neutral Corner

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

YF,

The Trumptanic is sinking. Even the biggest rats are fleeing.

Maybe you and Tony can still grab one of the last lifeboats.

Double Down likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This was a terrible wagon you hitched yourself to, YF.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Can't believe I hadn't even considered voting for Joy Behar.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

There are a few great things that could come out of this whole Trump adventure.

One is that the Republican party might fracture-- and one segment will emerge and get its shit together. That would be a good thing, so that we aren't all left with one choice like this, ever again.

My dad considered voting for Trump because he wanted to see the entire political system blown up. Dad might just have to settle for a blown up Republican Party. Beggars can't be choosers.

Blow it up, Trump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.