1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Careful, YF. You're edging close to "Bill Clinton was impeached for cheating on his wife" territory ...

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Is it too late for them to put him in this season of Dancing With the Stars?

HanSenSE and Ace like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's pretty remarkable that Conway keeps hammering this "some of the Republicans bothered by Trump's locker-room talk actually committed sexual assault in the past" angle. At this point, destroying his critics seems to be Trump's only goal.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

What goes around comes around. I feel no sorrow for him at all.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Working in the business, I can tell you this. There is a process you have to go through. You can't just fire someone. It takes time. Bush was doomed the moment it came out.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nothing -- nothing -- from Wikileaks will stick since it's now been proven its primary source comes straight from the anal orifice of Vladimir Putin.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Ace likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I know I have a bad habit of torturing metaphors and trying to find a unified theory of everything, but if you close your eyes, doesn't this speech sound nearly exactly like something Donald Trump would say?

I seriously wonder if this last month of the campaign is kind of going to be the like the ending of Network.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That trend was already underway, but I bet it has been accelerated some by Hurricane Matthew. The eastern third of the state is Trump's biggest base of support outside the rural mountain counties, and much of it has been flooded out.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I was thinking a PTI style show with Brian Williams.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

You sure about the "biggest base of support" part? I'll grant that it's rural and heavily military, but there are a whole lot of African-Americans in the eastern third of the state.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.