1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The only rage came from Moddy and the Clown Car of Moddy's liberal yes men. I said conservative women are strong and don't need to be protected by big government laws. I also noted that's not the case with liberal women. Why do I believe that? Because liberal women are always whining about how they need this law and that law to protect them from this or that. They need a law to force equal pay? If they're so fucking strong, why aren't they oing to the people who determine salaries at the company? That's what a strong woman would do.

Moddy brought up his daughter and claimed I insulted her. I don't know his daughter and, in fact, didn't even know he has a daughter. Then, he said he'd send his daughter after me. Never seen Moddy so deranged before, but that's what liberalism does to people.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Accused. Case dropped. Anyone can accuse. And? Pretty big stretch on that one.

More vigor today YF. You suddenly see good polling for Trump?

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Breitbart opened an online store today. Here's one of the 31 products:

[​IMG]

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That isn't what you said. This is your second attempt to amend your statement. Why not just admit you were out of line and you do not wish to stand by those particular words?

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

2959 pages, and Obummer pretty much stands out as the only adult politician in the room.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Man, you just do not know when to STFU. You got booed off the stage less than 24 hours ago. As Alma said, please go sleep it off. Not a conservative, liberal, Republican or Democrat view. A humanist view.

MileHigh, Killick and TowelWaver like this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The "petulant man-child" continually trashed by the RWSM and slammed by the pervert pig.

With the approval numbers heading toward a Reaganistic 60 percent.

8. outofplace

Here is tony's amended statement. Though he refuses to admit he was out of line, he did go back and change it after Moddy and other called him on it. If you doubt me, go back and look at Moddy's response with the exact quote of tony's post back on page 2931. It sure seems like tony is trying to cover up what he actually posted rather than stand by it.

Here is the original comment if y'all don't want to look it up: "That's the great thing about Conservative women: they don't need a man to be strong for them. They're strong on their own. Unlike liberal women."

Now if tony wants to claim the amended post was what he really meant all along, it would be lame bullshit, but that would at least be honest and reasonable rather than this sad attempt to move the goalpost and cover his tracks. Tony made a blanket statement about liberal women. Not some liberal women. Not most liberal women. He added the qualifier later.

Honestly, I just made a snide remark and moved on because this is what tony does. He makes obnoxious blanket statements about liberals all the time, hoping to lump everybody to the left of him together as if we are multiple copies of the same person. But Moddy's response made me realize that this was worse for reasons that have been well explained on this thread.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Not helping.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is why everyone piles on various posters here (and there are several other targets and pilers-on). We should welcome a diversity of opinion without turning the discussion into a lynching. Just my opinion, man.

old_tony likes this.
  11. outofplace

That is your opinion. To me, pointing out the truth is always helpful.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

We've all had bad nights on here. I know I have. I once apologized in a PM for a comment I made on a socio/political topic because I felt my opinion was uncalled for and unduly harsh. It got more than one like, BTW. In general, it's best to let the person who offended you off the hook the next day unless they continue the argument on the same terms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.