1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Heh. I'm not going to debate your debate style.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Michael_Gee makes a good point. To be fair, tony did keep going even though he went back and amended the initial post.

3. jr/shotglass

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Eh, only weak women needed the 19th Amendment so they could vote. Real strong women would have just charged the polling places with guns and knives and forced the inspectors to approve their ballots.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You're new here, aren't you?

Vombatus likes this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Obama does come off looking really good. Approval rating points to that.

Disagree on "adult." It's fine to disagree with her politics, but Clinton has acted as an adult and presidential.

Trump not so much.

Clinton trying to stay out of the mud in the second debate was clearly to appear calm and qualified. And hope he messed up badly.

Trump didn't totally melt down (he saved that for Twitter today) and appeared to be a little better than in the first debate. Very low bar. But have him a small boost rather than ending the election.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Diversity of opinion is fine for tax plans, foreign policy, college football and many other important topics. Basic human decency shouldn't be up for debate like it is one more topic on the old First Take scroll.

JC, outofplace, HC and 5 others like this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I enjoy sj.com for a lot of well thought out comments from all angles. But I have learned a lot of us deal with facts, and will jump on generalities and over-generalities.

I hesitate to condemn anyone though - I've been on sj since the Paterno story broke, and there is not one single longer-term poster on here that I would refuse to have a beer with.

I added "longer-term" as an edit. I'm not sure of any soccer fan who would go the length of South Carolina to attend a soccer match. Yeah, I'm referring to you, Ruben.

HanSenSE and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  9. jr/shotglass

We so happy. ;)

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'd have a beer with you too, Shottie. Preferably in Central PA to help keep the waitresses employed.

11. jr/shotglass

You bastard. LOL.

BitterYoungMatador2 and Vombatus like this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Jacksonville, the nation's 48th-largest TV market, still has an NFL team. This is still amazing to me. Never should have happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.