1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

With more Drudge links, I don't think there's any alternative.

(I think we're primed for a "Trump is rallying narrative." He's at 13.9 percent per 538, 9.7 on their higher variance now-cast. That's probably enough of an outlier he'll normalize soon to only moderately long odds)

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't know. Could be. But this election was always going to come down to the moment where the decisive bloc of voters who disliked both candidates decided "no, he/she just won't do" and that may have happened. I'm not sure Matt Drudge can turn that around.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Huuuuuge news.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Like these guys?

IMG_1905.JPG

Ace likes this.
  7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

538 still has a 12-point Trump advantage.

8. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I never thought Johnson was a joke candidate. Still, it would be pretty sad if McMullin and not him got the honor of being a historical footnote here (i.e. "first third-party candidate to win a state since George Wallace in 1968")

9. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Guessing it's not a three-way race by the time Nov. 8 hits. When the time comes to press the touchscreen, conservative voters will vote Trump. Labels such Ds and Rs have great power.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

This morning as I was listening to the radio while driving to work, I heard Glen Thrush, a political correspondent for Politico, say that Donald Trump is essentially a third-party candidate that has managed to wrest the nomination from the GOP.

I think that's fairly valid because, if you look at the GOP platform and long-established GOP policies, the party and Trump are mostly at odds.

Thrush said that Bernie Sanders tried to accomplish the same sort of thing with the Democrats, but the party was better organized to resist.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Time for a rousing game of Who Said It?

1. A Brietbart columnist
    2. An officer in the Ku Klux Klan
    3. A history professor at an unaccredited Bible college
    4. A sitting U.S. governor
    LePage says U.S. needs Trump to wield 'authoritarian power' - The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So try to change the policies of what you perceive to be an authoritarian president, by being an even more authoritarian president?
    The stupid burns, even if I somewhat agree with the logic behind it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.