1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Smith said Todd M. Warnken, a 55-year-old white man from Albany yelled, "Trump is going to win and if you don't like it I'm going to beat your ass," punctuating the sentence with a racial slur.

He yelled, 'You [racial slur] had your time. Your eight years are up.' That's when he looked and pointed at me," Moore said. "The assistant manager got in front of me and got him to move along."

I'm probably not understanding your question but it is made clear that he supports Trump and it seems as if he hates minorities...like many, many Trump supporters.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

And her lawyers, too!

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Forty percent of the country, and it is unlikely to dip lower than around that, is voting for someone who not only knows nothing, but who incites crowds to chant, "Lock her up!" about his opponent.

This is a sad chapter.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Now I don't want to get too close to the "Democrats do it, too!" place re: this fucking guy, but honestly ... where's been all the left-wing concern about banana republic prosecutions with respect to, say, the Wisconsin John Doe investigations? With respect to the continuing shakedown/extortion of Exxon and the CEI? With respect to the ridiculous indictments of Tom DeLay and Rick Perry?

old_tony likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Fan Man died in 2002.

I can see Michael Buffer doing the intros, though.

8. Dick Whitman

My issue is not with the special prosecutor idea itself.

9. Dick Whitman

What would be the Obama vs. Trump spread? Obama +10 or so? Around 40-45 seems to be the absolute floor that a candidate can receive in a head-to-head matchup in 2016.

TowelWaver likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There have been a couple of polls on this and they show Obama running a little better than Clinton, but that's all. Of course, asking people hypothetical questions is a chancy proposition. They have a tough enough time remembering who's running in the real one.

12. Dick Whitman

I know people think Sanders would be clobbering him. But Trump wouldn't be acting like a raving maniac in that matchup like he is now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.