1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This election is a fucking fiasco.

FileNotFound and Cosmo like this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It has to be killing him that people aren't accepting his word. First time in life, probably.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Not exactly.

Signed,
    Banks

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not until Garry Kasparov certifies it as such. Still waiting.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

FTFY

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If he wants to win the election, wouldn't the appropriate time have been a few hours ago?

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

He tends to slip stuff in there like that. Then he can deny it because it was vague.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm genuinely curious: What do you think the difference is? And by that, I mean, let's unpack it: What is the difference between Sean Hannity and a NYT reporter who makes a fraction what Hannity does? What should we expect from them ethically? What do they get paid to do? I'm curious how you see this.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Hannity is upstairs demanding Trish Regan's firing.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I think most people do, Tony. But here's the thing. A "commentator" --- or columnist --- is being paid to give an opinion, but these opinions are supposed to be based on facts. If they're not, you go from "commentator" to "shill" in a heartbeat.

If a columnist for the Newark Star-Ledger writes that Rutgers was jobbed against Michigan and has the pieces in place for a national title run next year, there would be no facts upon which to base this opinion. The columnist would be nothing more than a fanboi for whatever organization he is supporting.

And that's where Hannity sits. An unofficial "spokesperson" for the Trump campaign. About 47 steps removed from what most people believe "media commentator" should represent.

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.