1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Fair enough, but I want repeat a part of my question:

Sean Hannity is paid gobs of money. Hell, so is rachel Maddow. Do I think either one of them are better informed than the typical high level political newspaper reporter? No. In fact I'm sure of it. There isn't anything uniquely wise about either of them.

So, given their voice is so much louder and well-supported than the typical objective reporter...since Hannity and Maddow are stars who can shape public influence...what, exactly, is the value of objectivity? Do we even value it? Does anyone really think it exists, and, if it did, does anyone care that it does?

Further - what is reasonable objectivity? Should each story about Clinton or trump each be 4,500 words because each story has to contain the novel-length history of events, in case anyone didn't read the last story? Can any two people see objectivity the same in politics?

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Same ref awarded seven points and possession of the ball for that offense 20 years ago. Funny how that goes, hey?

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Wow. Michelle Obama really went after Bill Clinton today.

What's that? You mean she was only talking about someone's words rather than their actions? Ah. Just another typical left-wing hypocrite.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

But the spread was Clinton +14 and Trump is covering.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I resemble that remark

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Rachel Maddow is widely acclaimed for being one of the smartest people in the industry, and not just because she was a Rhodes Scholar.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You've finally convinced me: I will not be voting for Bill Clinton on Nov. 8. Thanks for opening my eyes and saving me from that mistake.

Smallpotatoes and Killick like this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Can't decide what speaks worse about those "people" to whom you refer ... what they forgave, or why they forgave it.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Talk about damning with faint praise!

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'd still like to remind people that if Bill Clinton did everything single thing he is accused of, he still didn't do it to underage girls like Trump.

Killick likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.