1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Question I'd ask the "Basket of Deplorables" Trump supporters: "If Trump raped your mom or sister, would you still vote for him?"

What percentage would still say yes?

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I take it seriously when the most corrupt politician of my lifetime seems ready to skate to the White House because people don't care about corruption or the good of the country.

I'm also ashamed that the industry I was so proud to be a part of for 35 years has become just as corrupt.

3. old_tony

Asks the man who twice voted for a rapist.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Always this way in election years here.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

OT, do you believe a cabal of Jews in finance and media are rigging the election for Hillary as Trump implies?

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Who voted for a rapist, or voted for someone accused of rape by some alt-right loser?

As for you being ashamed of the business, it's not like you left in disgust. You're not that disgusted to still cash a freelance check.

wicked likes this.
  7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I disagree with your assessment of Clinton but do you actually believe the Republican nominee is better for our country's future? I don't think for a minute you are a stupid person but wtf?

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Question is still out there for the Trumpster Fire crowd: Would you vote for your party's nominee if you knew he had committed sexual assaults?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

After appointing a special prosecutor, of course. The niceties must be observed. First, a fair trial, then a proper hanging. The day after the debate at a rally in Pennsylvania, Trump responded to chants of “lock her up” with “Lock her up is right.” Two days later, he told a rally in Lakeland, Fla., “She has to go to jail.”

Such incendiary talk is an affront to elementary democratic decency and a breach of the boundaries of American political discourse. In democracies, the electoral process is a subtle and elaborate substitute for combat, the age-old way of settling struggles for power. But that sublimation only works if there is mutual agreement to accept both the legitimacy of the result (which Trump keeps undermining with charges that the very process is “rigged”) and the boundaries of the contest.

www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/opinions/its-not-the-locker-room-talk-its-the-lock-her-up-talk/2016/10/13/9dd5fbea-9172-11e6-9c85-ac42097b8cc0_story.html

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Lovely. Reports of armed Trump supporters hanging around office of a Virginia Democratic Congressional candidate. If Trump loses, I kind of hope these lunatics start something. Let 'em see what comes next.

11. old_tony

She's owned and she's corrupt. The race of the people who own her or are helping her by destroying the media's credibility is of no concern to me.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It would be virtually unanimous. People have been groomed for 25 years to think they cannot vote for this women under any circumstances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.