1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's horrible. I won't vote for Bill Clinton, or anyone else who was lowlife enough to get involved with that appalling shit.

Say, ot, do you do you know of anyone else who did those Epstein parties? I'm curious.

Damn. I have been anointed "The Left". I guess I better start reading the back pages and see what else ot thinks I've been up to.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And you should look up how things were in the first two years with Ronald Wilson Reagan.

Unemployment rose from 7.5 percent in January 1981 to 10.4 percent in January 1983. Who knew Ronnie sucked so bad in the beginning, eh?

It takes TIME for the inertia of a previous administration to fade, as you have tried to point out several times with your "George W. Bush inherited a recession from Clinton" nonsense.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

What was he convicted of? I'll wait right here.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Did Congress change hands after the first two years of Reagan? Did Clinton inherit a horrible economy that introduced the word "stag-flation"?

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

In the first two years of Clinton's term . . .

---Unemployment rate dropped from 7.3 percent to 5.5.
    ---4 million jobs were added (3.5 million were needed to keep pace with population growth)
    ---DJIA rose from 3,242 to 3,869 (a 19.3 percent increase).

So humor me: Exactly WHAT was it again about those first two Clinton years that weren't good?

Hint: "I didn't bother to look it up. Just thought I could get away with giving credit to the GOP takeover in 1994."

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm convinced. I will not vote for Bill Clinton or any other sex offender, like Donald Trump.

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

You really think I have to lean on Nixon to prove Hillary Clinton isn't the most corrupt politician of your lifetime?

Like there haven't been scores and scores of politicians actually convicted of crimes in the last 40 years?

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

At tonight's Deplorables rally in Cincinnati:
    image.jpg

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This Maddow stuff is way beside the point. Shes smart. Brilliant. Fine. So are many political reporters.

The point is: Do we really value objectivity as much as we demand it from journalists? If we do, why do we spend so much time listening to commentators and companies spend so much money paying commentators?

Hell, I've been to enough parties in my life to know nobody really likes the person who sees both sides. They like the passionate partisan.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

insert the how bout no bear

SpeedTchr, Killick and dixiehack like this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The 2012-13 politics thread topped out at 1781 pages. (Yes I'm bored despite overtime hockey)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.