1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I gave this one the tony-type response it deserves, but let's try a more serious angle. This kind of post is why I initially responded to tony's attack on all liberal women with snark rather than the better, more serious responses by Moddy and others that came later. This is what tony does. At this point, it's really all he has left. He demonizes everybody who disagrees with him. If he didn't do that, he'd actually have to apply some critical thought to the situation rather than mindlessly voting for laundry next month.

And please not I'm not attacking all Republicans or even all people voting for Trump. I'm talking about one specific person. I'll leave the thoughtless, blanket attacks on large groups of people to tony. The idea that everybody on either side of this simply doesn't care about the good of the country is ridiculous and disrespectful. If tony was worth taking seriously, it would be offensive.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

But that one didn't start until after the primaries were over, I think. There used to be tons of different threads.

We also were banned from talking politics at all for long stretches of time. I remember Mitt's 47 percent happened during one such ban.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I remember Dick starting a thread referencing the 47 percent number and Breaking Bad. It took a few pages of people making up crap with 47 percent before the facade went away and it became a politics thread.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And trannies in the restroom are supposed to be a threat? Not even RSW.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Shoot, that woman IS the How Bout No Bear.

Killick likes this.
  7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I've been a student of this for a long time. First off, the DJIA was 3,838 when the GOP took over on Jan. 4, 1995, meaning it went up less than 600 points in those first 1.99 years before the Contract With America took hold. Over the next six years it went up to 10,587 by Clinton's last day in office. In other words, with the GOP leading Congress, the DJIA increased by more than 1000 per year in those last six years. You're bragging about 19% growth in the DJIA in those two years? Well, then, I'm going to brag about 175% growth over the last six years.

EDIT: I also note that the unemployment rate was 6.9 when Clinton took over, not 7.3.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Interesting. I've seen you lay any and all economic woes over the last eight years squarely at Obama's feet. So, the buck stops with the president. But "those last six years" under Clinton, that wasn't his doing but it was the GOP Congress? Duplicitous much?

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Care to tell me what GOP economic bills from the House Obama has signed the last six years? Because Clinton signed plenty of them over his last six years.

I'll help you out with the answer: Zero.

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Specifically which "economic bills" passed by the House are you wishing had been made into law?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.