1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As much as a gasbag blowhard horn honker can have beliefs, I do think he believes the alt-right paranoid persecution shit.

It's the holy roller Jeezus stuff he started spewing to rope in the evangelicals he doesn't believe a word of.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I guess I just wished in old tony's utopian land where Trump is an honorable human being and Bill Clinton is running for a third term. If all you have to defend your candidate is the sexual wrongdoings of the current candidate's husband 20 years ago, GTFO.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call him a hero, but I admire GWB & think history will judge him more favorably than his contemporary media; certainly in terms of intentions if not results (though I would guess both). Miers was a big, big mistake. Thankfully, it was corrected before it took hold.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Let's also remember that, just in the last two days, Trump or his surrogates have:

-- Said he couldn't have groped that woman because she's fugly.
    -- Said being felt up by a complete stranger is just having "a bad airplane flight."
    -- Defends Trump's pedophilic tendencies by calling someone a liar, because, c'mon, we all sexually ogle 10-year-olds.
    -- Rape only exists because that pesky "consent" is insisted upon by politically correct liberal pussies.

And that's not even getting into the whole, "Jews are the puppetmasters using Hillary to destroy this country" stuff.

Own it.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Why do I not have a hard time envisioning Bernie Sanders saying the exact same thing? Or Ralph Nader? Or the "democracy died tonight" guy in Wisconsin?

7. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

He actually had a profitable brand before he started on the birther bullshit. He will now have to sell gold and survival rations.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Miers was nothing more than a head-fake to ensure that Alito got through the Senate, and a brilliant little bit of political judo.

Miers was thoroughly unqualified and was never intended to be a true nominee. After her name was withdrawn in favor of Alito, there was no way you could knock Alito's judicial bona fides.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Bernie can say it because, well ....

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Neither is providing any defense of your own candidate. Again, if you have anything to support HIS case other than "she did this/that," give it a try. Because you've passed the point where you're being taken seriously.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Rumor is he's going to start a Breitbart-style TV network and go after Fox News.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.