1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

2. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

"And Donald Trump, as he is prone to do, he didn't build the building himself. He just slapped his name on it and took credit for it."

Sick burn. Obama in spite of his "goody goody two shoes", compromising, mediating, management style gets in a few decent jabs now and again.

Killick likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Seth Myers on Hillary trotting out Al Gore as part of her outreach to young voters: "What, Matlock wasn't available?"

dixiehack and old_tony like this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think you're giving the Bush administration way too much credit.

Double Down likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Trump hasn't brought up the Lena Dunham support for Hillary. That's low-hanging fruit. A child molester that conservatives hate.

6. YankeeFan

MSNBC mediasplaining that women who are victims of sexual assault often don't come forward right away because they're worried they will be shamed, or branded as liars is quite something.

If only someone had made this point earlier, and criticized those who would shame such women.

old_tony likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

Do conservatives in flyover country even know who she is?

8. Dick Whitman

Is there anything Donald Trump could do that would make you admit, "Eh, this guy, maybe this wasn't the best guy for this."

9. Dick Whitman

It's incredible how this is just stated as settled fact in straight news stories now.

Pence: 'Something missing' from polls showing Trump trailing

Both polls were conducted after last Friday’s release of a recording of Trump from 2005 in which the real estate mogul can be heard describing in vulgar terms how his celebrity status allowed him to sexually assault women with impunity.

10. Dick Whitman

Let's parse this:

I'm automatically attracted to beautiful women — I just start kissing them, it's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait.

It is not sexual assault to start kissing a woman. It is certainly not so inarguable that it is that it should be started matter of factly, lacking context, in a straight news story.

And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy.

The "pussy" line is preceded by this: "They let you do it."

Not sexual assault.

old_tony likes this.
  11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Cue the "How about no" bear ...

jr/shotglass likes this.
  12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Some people who disagree with you are sometimes hypocritical?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.