1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

What would be a better term? "That woman" doesn't sound all that good to me (it seems awfully judgemental) and "that lady" strikes me as a bit too prim and proper.

TigerVols likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

More women came out accusing Cosby after the first story too. And didn't more victims of Jerry Sandusky come forward after the first allegations?

We had a board meeting at the local shelter yesterday. The director said it wasn't uncommon for women to begin to come forward after the alleged perpetrator issues a forceful denial because in the intervening time, they're no longer willing to be a silent victim as they were after the initial assault. She said there are plenty of cases where a woman is charging her husband or boyfriend with abuse and when the police talk to previous wives or girlfriends they agree to come forward. They see the strength in numbers and no longer believe they played a role in causing their own abuse.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Were you complete strangers?

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Were you on a date? Context and all.

swingline and JC like this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This doesn't count towards your pro bono hours, you know

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

OK, you're approaching this from the legal standpoint and for argument's sake. But ... I'm guessing there was quite a bit of vibe being thrown that she wanted you to kiss her. And, we are talking about a kiss. That isn't what Trump was talking about even in the most literal and favorable interpretation.

To accept that it is, you'd have to believe that women generally like being grabbed by the crotch as the first intimate foray between people.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

A date equals consent?

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The personality/mental illness he has displayed for 30-plus years of life in the public eye is "extra-textual?"

9. Dick Whitman

He referred to consent before he said he grabbed them there. "I don't even wait" was a reference to kissing.

10. Dick Whitman

I just don't think Politico should be writing it that way. It's not the first time they have, either. It's clearly a decision that's been made there.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Of course not but it's an entirely different situation where the possibility of a kiss is 'on the table' so to speak. And I know you're going to have a really smart comeback for this so I'm quitting now.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.