1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

How many competent politicians have been caught on tape boasting about it? That's the problem. We don't have any examples of a competent politician surviving this because they are smart enough not to let it happen.

Michael Gee the day it came out: "You really are a loser, aren't you? I suppose sloe-eyed and pussy are the same words. I was stupidly speaking of seeing an attractive woman. He's speaking about assaulting one. You are now standing up forestall violence. How proud you must be."

Me less than 24 hours later, when discussing whether what Clinton did was as bad as what Trump was bragging about said that parsing the line between harassment and assault was an uncomfortable position, because people were implying that what Clinton did wasn't assault and therefore wasn't equivalent to what Trump was bragging about.

The word "assault" didn't need to be brought up repeatedly because it was so obvious that nobody was being awful enough to deny it.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You did both, tony. I know you aren't honest enough to admit as much, but you absolutely cheered bad things happening to this country because you wanted to blame Obama.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You keep saying this. Juanita Broaddrick accused Bill Clinton of a violent, vaginal rape.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This is far from the first time you've shown a keen, borderline creepy, interest in a rape or sexual assault controversy and taken the side of the man arguing that they were in the clear, or at least not technically breaking the law. You seem to have a remarkable interest in defining sexual assault as narrowly as possible and making sure none of your past actions could ever be interpreted as such.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I said that at the time in context of Jones. I specifically said at that time also that I was a teenager or younger for all of Clinton's presidency and my memory of all his scandals wasn't perfect. Then someone brought up Broaddrick. I wasn't trying to hide her for nefarious reasons.

If Clinton is guilty of everything he was accused of, he's a rapist.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Dick Whitman

It's only OK to do that if it's a president almost everybody here really liked.

8. Dick Whitman

This is a cheap shot. My interest is almost always in how it is covered by news outlets, because they are in the process of reacting to an evolving understanding of the topic. Find me the posts where I stand up for Bill Cosby.

9. outofplace

Oh, the lovely irony to see DW talking about others taking personal digs and concern trolling posters.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. outofplace

What if it was Ryan Braun talking about grabbing women "by the pussy?"

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You're doing your lawyer thing at a bad time for an indefensible cause. You are not looking good.

It's an excellent time to step back, but knowing that you think you're smarter than most everyone here, I doubt you will.

cjericho and dixiehack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.