1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

And then he ate a tic-tac in case he decided to kiss the woman who was walking up and he was not even certain was the person he was supposed to meet. He described his usual behavior, and I don't doubt it a bit.

2. Neutral Corner

How do you hit the quote button and copy an imaginary post?

If you mean that wasn't really how you came to first kiss your wife, I wasn't the one who wrote an imaginary scenario.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My argument is that Trump arguably implied consent.

4. Neutral Corner

Nah. Because SUPREME COURT!!11!!!1

5. Neutral Corner

You can also argue that when he said "Maybe the second amendment people can take care of that" he didn't mean shooting Hillary - but you know damn well he did.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Again: I am making a very narrow point, which is they Politico should not assert unequivocally, as fact, in a straight news piece, they he bragged about sexual assault.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Who cares at this point? Ninety-nine pct. of voters didn't need media folks to frame the narrative for them. That's all background noise. They watched and listed to the video themselves and made up their own minds.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If I were reporting on it for Politico, I'd write it "Donald Trump encouraged his supporters to gun down his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, at a rally in Xxxxx on Xxxxxday."

You'd be OK with that, right?

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Actually yes I would be okay with that, because he did.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

So Trump has a license to grope?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you are going to be this thin-skinned, tony, you should just run away now and save yourself the humiliation coming next month.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be OK with writing it that way ... so, per the ethos of this thread, I suppose I'm a "supporter of political assassination" ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.