1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If I was a betting man - and I am - I'd put folding money on a tape of Trump using the N word is being held somewhere.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If it was something that drastic, they would have released it before early voting started.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That ain't it. Anyway, Dumpf LOVES Uncle Toms. He luuuvvvs 'em!

Dear Fucko; Let's review:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  7. Starman

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Did you know her more than three seconds?

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Tend to agree. If that was out there, someone would have leaked it by now.

10. Starman

I bet there are still N-bombs out there, but "Uncle Tom" won't move the needle very much.

But it would be fun to watch Dumpf in his Randal Graves mode, rich-white-assholesplaining to black people why "Uncle Tom" is a totally non-racist term ("I don't care what you n***rs say"), so he's "taking it back."

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Why would I be humiliated by the mistake you make?

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't bring it up as an insult. I mean that you are hair-splitting. Gamers call it "rules lawyering".

As I said, you and I are arguing two different things. You are arguing proper journalistic expression of an alleged act, and you are also allowing that the wording of Trump's video allows for interpretation. That's fine in that context.

I'm saying that I heard what he said, and I heard his tone, and I have no problem whatsoever believing that he said exactly what he meant. The numerous outraged women who popped up immediately after he denied that he had ever actually done what he bragged of, and their stories, make me even more comfortable with my assessment. Innocent until proven guilty? Sure.

That does not mean that I would want to elect a person who would brag of this President, even if it was bullshit, and frankly, I think he was caught by a live mic while his mouth and ego ran away with him and he spoke extremely candidly. No way in hell he gets my vote, and I won't be shy about expressing my beliefs about him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.