1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Another Dusty Baker slam?

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's hard to find jack/and or shit on someone when they destroy evidence and, instead of bringing legal hell down upon them, the investigators shrug their shoulders and say, "Eh. Whaddya gonna do?"

This is from an AP story on the wire today about the revelations from the Wikileaks hacks.
    Trump is a scumbag. Hard to deny that. But it amazes me — and saddens me — that people are willfully turning a blind eye to Clinton's shenanigans in manipulating a presidential election, her duplicitous nature, even her outright use of her office as secretary of state to solicit money.
    I might or might not vote for Trump. There are actually some sound, albeit twisted, political reasons to pull the lever for him. But I cannot and will not willingly vote for a candidate that has this level of stink and corruption around her. That she has made it this far in the process should be as big a disgrace to the Democrats as Trump's campaign has been to the Republicans.

And this ...

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah ... I can and plan to.

Better luck next time. Maybe Puck is available.

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Sean Duffy not good enough?

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Now if only you used this same logic with PED's.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The ultimate conspiracy theorist's refuge: failure to prove anything just shows how diabolical the conspiracy is

amraeder and Smallpotatoes like this.
  7. RickStain

"Manipulating the presidential election" is a fancy word for campaigning.

The accusations of using her office as a way to raise money (for her highly rated charity, which is somehow nefarious) rely on vague connections that can more easily be connected in innocuous ways.

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

What am I supposed to be outraged about in these examples?

amraeder likes this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I do. In fact, I've made a very similar argument when others have claimed that a particular player is clean.

Just because I argue that someone hasn't been proven guilty of something does not mean I am saying that person is innocent.

JC and RickStain like this.
  10. RickStain

Guys you don't understand. People who care enough to be employed by the DNC had a political preference and they expressed it via emails, with some hypothetical musings about what a candidate should do.

This is an election rigging scandal and we should lock her up

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

12. RickStain

Secret lesbian!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.