1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

@YankeeFan LOL. Wrote this in May. Give me a job at Vox.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yes. More than one person has noticed that one of the manifestations of Trump's personality disorder is that he projects his faults onto others, such that anything he insinuates in his opponents is probably something he himself does.

4. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Nailed it DD.
    Also, Vox has been fun and interesting to follow these last few months. It's really amped up its game.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I agree, I like Vox. It's easy to make jokes about it, but I find it so much more interesting that Slate and other left-leaning essay sites these days.

6. YankeeFan

I looked for that post, but couldn't find it.

Did find one similar to it from 2008!

7. YankeeFan

Hard to argue that staying out of the way, while Trump set himself of fire, wasn't the best strategy.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You couldn't knock his judicial bona fides before Miers either.

9. Guy_Incognito

Why would they. You don't pass downfield when you're up 3 touchdowns and the other team has Olympic gymnasts on their front seven.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  10. Guy_Incognito

Ask don draper

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So asserting something means you're projecting and doing the same things? Someone better get the authorities to Starman's house.

poindexter and Dick Whitman like this.
  12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

"... You describe kissing them without consent, grabbing their genitals. That is sexual assault. [Trump nods] You've bragged that you've committed sexual assault. Do you understand that?"
    - Anderson Cooper at the second debate

Dick, I'm curious why Politico's story rankled you so much, while Cooper saying the exact same thing at a debate that pulled ratings in the neighborhood of the Super Bowl didn't warrant a mention from you?

FWIW, Cooper then had to ask Trump three times some version of "Are you saying that you did not kiss women without consent or grope women without consent?" before Trump finally denied doing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.