1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He never expressed a loathing of the military.

I am writing too in the hope that my telling this one story will help you to understand more clearly how so many fine people have come to find themselves still loving their country but loathing the military, to which you and other good men have devoted years, lifetimes, of the best service you could give.

THE 1992 CAMPAIGN; A Letter by Clinton on His Draft Deferment: 'A War I Opposed and Despised'

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The Omaha World-Herald streak of endorsing Republicans goes back to Alf Landon (1936).

So now it's official ... Alf is better than Trump!

[​IMG]

Inky_Wretch and HanSenSE like this.
  3. YankeeFan

What could be more brave than being a draft resister?

One of my roommates is a draft resister who is possibly under indictment and may never be able to go home again. He is one of the bravest, best men I know. His country needs men like him more than they know. That he is considered a criminal is an obscenity.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There are more ways to display bravery than agreeing to put your life at risk for a cause you don't believe in.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Why in God's name are we now talking about Bill Clinton's opposition to the Vietnam War?

Might be white flag time, YF.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Have to admit, he lasted three weeks longer than I thought he would before declaring jihad… on a fucking TV show!

Inky_Wretch, HanSenSE and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  7. YankeeFan

Sure there are.

So, who else has Bill described in such glowing terms?

This guy, his roommate, isn't just unbrave. He's one of the bravest guys Bill knows. So, who else gets this kind of admiration from Bill?

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This is a particularly fun tactic where you get to pull a quote in advance and demand that anyone rebutting must have curated access to literally everything the man ever said.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Trump doesn't know enough about the military to feel that strongly about it either way.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nah, he was in a Colonel Blimp military school and wore a uniform with lots of medals and ribbons, so he knows all about the horrors of war. Plus he bravely fought off gonorrhea for decades on end.

11. YankeeFan

Should Hillary consider skipping the final debate?

I think she'd take a hit on the polls.

Maybe Axelrod doesn't want her to win.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You told us a few weeks ago that Hillary would skip the debates to preserve her lead. Which is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.