1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yes. Very good point.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Early voting for the first time here in Mass. starts week from Monday. I can't wait. It makes me feel like in some way, the election is over for me. My daughter in France voted absentee two weeks ago.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If the Watergate burglary was successful, in that they weren't caught in the act, and the burglars leaked unflattering letters and transcripts of bugged phone calls about McGovern to the Washington Post, Woodward and Bernstein never would have went after the leakers. They would have been protected sources. Liddy and Halderman would be protected like Deep Throat was.

That's Wikileaks. No one is investgating the source of the leaks, as in Russia to Assange, because the news likes the easy stories.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You know, Trump could have easily run as a Democrat, played the Warren Buffet "My secretary pays more taxes than businessmen like me, and I know how to fix it!" shtick, while appealing to many of the liberal ideals he really does hold.

Primary voters, disgusted by the aspect of a Hillary coronation, would have been able to say, "I really don't have to vote for her!" And he could have won.

And let's say Democratic nominee Trump meets Republican nominee Cruz in the general election.

What say Baron/cran/OOP/Starman/et al about their candidate?

old_tony and Vombatus like this.
  6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Yep, polling is easy and they should agree on common questions. Pretty simple to do.

YankeeFan and doctorquant like this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Cruz AINEC with what we've learned about Trump in the last six months

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is nonsense.

Trump got where he was because of racism and anti-immigrant frothing. It had nothing to do with the economy.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's only because he ran with that crowd when he signed on as an R. You run with the Ds, you appeal to the crap they support. Trump had no political history in either direction. He made it up as he went along.

10. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

No he could not have won. Good lord.

cranberry likes this.
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

But he would have had no platform.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Richard Dawson actually was creepy AF. His crap wouldn't fly now.

OscarMadison and cranberry like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.