1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I disagree. Completely. There have been enough instances through the years of these things turning out to be an inside job to smear the other side that one would be derelict not to raise it. The cops are raising it, I promise.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Do you really want Clinton or Trump having any say in whether or not your dick still works now or in the future?

HanSenSE and exmediahack like this.
  3. outofplace

I didn't make an assertion. You did, and now you can't support it.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

No, but I fear both of them. Nobody, no one, and no one's dicks are safe. Clits too.

5. outofplace

I'm not the one talking out of his ass. That would be Dickie, and he did it very shortly after trolling others by claiming they couldn't support their assertions regarding the Trump video. Either people can say whatever they want or they should back up the claims they make. Dickie really should take a side in such matters.

6. Dick Whitman

I didn't make an assertion.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

8. outofplace

Yes, you did. And see the post above this one. Shottie is right.

9. Dick Whitman

No, I didn't.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Except for that DOJ suit about him not renting to blacks.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sorry, I can't let that pass. In Jan. 1950, Dean Atcheson gave a speech regarding the American sphere of influence. South Korea was not mentioned, and North Korea took that as meaning that the U.S. would not defend it. North Korea invaded in June and damn near overran the South in a few weeks. Politically motivated and deep budget cuts had been made to the armed forces in the wake of WWII, and that "peace dividend" meant that the Marine Corps was at roughly half strength. The Army was heavily over officered and under strength in the enlisted ranks, and because of the budget cuts troop training was inadequate and the armed forces were short of ammunition. We were desperately under strength when it dropped in the pot in Korea. There were not enough American troops in Korea to hold it, and they were caught almost completely by surprise as well.

After the reserves were called up and he was reinforced, MacArthur brought off the very risky amphibious invasion at Inchon. This cut NK supply lines and forced them back north, allowing time for more troops to be brought to bear.

MacArthur's overreaching brought China's invasion in October, but the war was well under way by then.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Funny thing about the 38th parallel (the original boundary between NK and SK) ... only reason that became the line of demarcation (soldiers north of it surrendered to the Soviets, soldiers south of it surrendered to the Allies) was cartographical convenience: It was on most maps that were in use at the time.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.